Ideas for a Disney Cars Cake
|Photo courtesy of
Karen's Edible Art
The photo of Mater, McQueen and Cars logo cakes on the right was created by frozen buttercream transfer. Our baker, Karen, didn't have a cake pan for Mater, so she made a large sheet cake and carved the general shape. She then made both Mater and the Cars logo (center cake) using a butter cream transfer. Want to give it a try?
1. Find a picture online or in a coloring book of the character you want to replicate in icing and blow it up to the correct size to fit the cake shape.
2. Once you have the correct size, you lay down a sheet of freezer-safe glass over the picture. Now you tape some wax paper over the top of the glass.
3. Trace the outline of the picture with a #1 or #2 tip with black icing, beginning with the more difficult, more detailed areas first.
4. Then fill in the picture with the buttercream icing colors you wish.
5. Once you've filled in your entire piece, place it in the freezer for up to 30 minutes so the frosting can firm up.
6. Remove the tape from the glass, then flip the picture over onto the cake, then carefully remove the wax paper from the transfer. Many cake artists like to pipe in a border around the transfer picture .
If you'd rather use a more simple method there are some great looking Disney Cars cake toppers and candles available. This Disney Cars cake topper is Lightning McQueen and Mater which you can make as part of a fancy frosting design on on a sheet cake or a simple, or keep it simple and easy and they look great on their own.
Along with the birthday candles, there are a couple of cool looking Cars candles available to add even more pizzaz! One is Lightning McQueen next to a cactus. The next candle is Lightning McQueen and the Cars logo, and it is really racy! Either of them will look fantasic and add lots of color and character to your Disney Cars cake.
|Radiator Springs Cars cake
courtesy of Suanie
Here's a really cool, simple idea. Make the tire cake by baking two round cakes, adding depth with two layers and top with chocolate frosting. For a racing tire, ice the rim for the center write the Lightyear logo around the edge. Make it a whitewall tire by adding a hubcap for the center and frost the inner-ring area with white vanilla. This icing color set will help you get just the right color when frosting your Disney Cars cake, whether you choose the tire theme or a different creation.
Another popular option parents choose is to serve cupcakes instead of the traditional birthday cake. There are some really cool ideas out there from stars and stripes to a more fancy 3D airbrush style. This person's photo on the right created a cupcake stand by using a race track and the result is so amazing for a five year old's birthday party!
photo credit:Glorious Treats
Are cupcakes perking your interest? There are some fantastic toppers available that the party guests can keep for themselves as party favors when they go home. This Lightning McQueen small cupcake topper comes in a set of 12. Want more characters? Here's a similar Lightning McQueen with his friend Mater that comes in a package of six.
You're going to have an awesome-looking Disney Cars cake for your party now!
|Cars Party Supplies||Disney Cars Toys||Disney Cars Games|
Best Pixar Books
Disney Pixar is a trademark of its respective company.
This site is not associated with them, I'm a Pixar fan just sharing my hobby!